Thursday, January 24, 2008

Fake Spotting Over Memories

By Gaurav Parab

Hey! look around and do you see what I do,
I once called you a lie- today I know you were true.
See that zombie mob pretending to be awake,
Isn’t it fun to sit around and spot a fake after another fake?

Remember that Pussycat song Mississippi?
That I asked you to hear when you were free.
I told you what I liked in that country song.
The truth in the singer’s voice, as her sisters sung along.


Look at the pretty girl all dressed up with no place to go,
She is so full of herself like a two wheeled rusted barrow.
Nothing will move her hair out of place, not even a quake.
Isn’t it fun to sit around and spot a fake after another fake?

Thank you for every time you took the time out.
Watching me run and needlessly shout.
I meant it when I said that you will be in the blur…
….of faces that I will see when the white light comes closer.


There goes that big man with a pony tail and shiny ambition,
The predictable dark shirt with a picture of Jim Morrison
See him greet his clones with a twisted handshake.
Isn’t it fun to sit around and spot a fake after another fake?

See that boy there who pretends to not care,
He says he doesn’t give a thought to what to wear.
People with accents- he claims give him a headache.
He is as fake as those he thinks are fake.

All of them are judging us as we together laugh,
They whisper that we don’t sit with our correct half
I hear they say our every moment is a stolen sin.
All of them are too fake to know the truth over the din.


Hypocrites! full of themselves to live one single life.
While we both live and die again like a delightful two edged knife.

The words in this song are about them - clear on that.
Strutting around like winners- but actually pinned to the mat
This song is about us, and all that we have talked about.
That delightful explosion and the overwhelming fallout.

As I thank you for the memories in one single line.
We wish each other over your’s and mine.
You say we are but mirror images of each other.
Both of us are the crime and both are the accuser.
But, what I find interesting about the whole thing.
Is the high notes, flirting with the low like in the songs you sing.


They tell us to not bite more than we can chew
All they do is do what other people do.
While we laugh about their every mistake
Isn’t it fun to sit around and spot a fake after another fake?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this line "All they do is do what other people do" :)
-A