Sunday, May 03, 2015

From My Desk to Yours



I received some messages that Rustom and the Last Storyteller of Almora is out for dispatch and will be delivered today. This excitement being shared is so overwhelming that it really cannot be reduced to words. But let me try.
When I first heard Coming Back to Life so many years ago in a place so nondescript that I don't even remember where it was - I was not taken in by the brilliant music or those truly bad-ass words sung from the heart. What I remember is a thought in my head on what a wonderful feeling it must be for any artist - musician, writer, painter - to have given birth to an original thought in a garage, garden, a study table, a bed or someplace insignificant that no one else really cares about. And then sometime later , like a trick made completely of magic, someone who is not even connected or known to the 'creator' - oceans away puts on that song, opens that book, looks at that painting and strangely becomes a part of what started off as a tiny thought thousands of miles away in another person's head. Then that reader owns and makes the thought completely his/her own.
I feel honored to be a part of every reader, every friend, every single one of you who have trusted me with their time by taking a look inside my messed up mind and being a part of my journey.
Thank you, and there is still space left inside my head. Do let your friends know. And yes, that's me in the picture from sometime back creating Rustom's world.

And Hey Friends, the book is available now in most leading bookstores in major cities and airports. Do spread the word to your friends.






No comments: