Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Let Us Be Friends Again - An Update and a bunch of Wishes



Dear Friend and Reader,

I have hardly blogged in 2019, the second book slotted for an early 2019 publication is delayed (due to no fault of mine) and there have been zero columns in newspapers and web-zines or whatever the hell you call web magazines / online editions of newspapers.

My descent into another old drunk who once could spit out a word or two appears to be complete.

I may not have many fans, but I have a few loyal readers and friends like you. You are right. Long blogs and pieces on our shared space here is now replaced by smart ass Facebook and Instagram posts. To some it is a welcome change ( Those awful poems. Thank god he is an old man now) to some it has been disappointing. ( He was not a bad writer you know)

Somehow, the 'need' to stay connected and relevant in the publishing industry through social media has eaten into the need to stay connected to my dearest friends like you. Our friendship through this blog is a privilege that I have not taken seriously enough and hope to correct in 2020 - starting with this blog which is an apology masquerading as an update.

The plan is to correct this alleged absence from writing and the factual one from this blog. The plan is to return to the selfish joy I would get on hearing from you. A weekly blog /video blog ( Since I am showing promise of graceful aging with references to Richard Gere, Harrison Ford) , a podcast, more email - I have a lot of ideas to explore.

Going forward I will honor our relationship.You will hear from me. You will be tempted to unsubscribe.

As we step into the next year, and decade - here is an update to where is the writing at? To the allegation of soul being domesticated and sold to instant facebook gratification over meaningful words.

Hey! This old man has been busy. The second book, and I am so proud of writing it will be published in mid 2020. I have thrown everything I had and then some more into it. Hopefully, it will reward the patience of those who wait for it. The third book is with an agency and is a light, comic crime read that will no doubt find a publisher this year. It will clearly be more popular than my other works and will finally make the suits happy. I honestly don't know what to make of it.

Then there is the exciting new journey. My other writing work now has a kick-ass super niche talent agency pitching it towards screen adaptation. The first book which has been getting steady inquiries for screen adaptation but no right fit now has some serious interest from the big boys and girls. A collaboration with the fantastic Rohit Gore for the web is complete and getting interest. We are already on to the next project. The fourth book will be finished in a month or so and I will continue working on it through the rest of the year. It will possibly be the last book I will write for a while, as the screen holds more promise and an opportunity to be a better creator of worlds.

My day job is as great as always with a supportive team and opportunities to meet the most intelligent folks at some of the most breathtaking places in the world. Personal life is good. The dog formally called Joko is now the horse called Joko. We have been supportive in his transition.

This is my update . What about you. Look forward to hearing from you again like in the past over email or social media. Wish you the very best in 2020 and hope the recent past when we have been apart has been kind to you.

Warm Regards
Gaurav Parab

#thatwriterfromindia #gauravparab




2 comments:

Amit Thakkar said...

GP - Good to see blog activity again. And very pleased to hear about the books, web and screen updates. All the very best! Cheers!

Gaurav Parab said...

Thanks Amit. I really feel sorry we could not catch up in UK in June. Going forward will ping in advance.